Date:      Thu, 04 Nov 1999 11:04:18 -0500
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   popper getting stuck

I've been experiencing this problem for some time with qpopper on
FreeBSD-2.2.8.   This applies to past versions of qpopper and the
latest 3.0b20.

What happens is, intermittently, there will be several popper processes
spawned, that appear to be stuck in "lockf" state.    I have to killall them,
HUP sendmail and it works for a short time, but it happens again.

I've recompiled sendmail and popper against the latest libs.  I recompiled
popper with --enable-servermode to see if that would work.  No go.

This is a complete mystery, and I wonder if anyone else has seen this
problem.

Thanks,

_F