Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 18:15:40 -0500
From:      TrouBle <trouble@hackfurby.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.3 and egcs

  okay i think not all of my mail is getting through so ill try once
again

firstly, i know FreeBSD 4.0 is egcs based, and works nicely, are there
plans to go to egcs/gcc in the 3.0  , can i move my 3.3 release to egcs,

and how would i do this without clobbering the installed egcs during a
make world ??

second i noticed that "as" in the EGCS ports collection is broken on 3.3

yupp tried it... bombed seriously, and nothing compiles... had to use
the gcc 2.7.2 as with egcs. it kinda works.....

third... how is it i can remove sendmail all together and go with exim
as my default MTA, and not have it clobbered also during  a make world
process...

there is think that concludes my bsd answers for today, thanks to all
who answer in advance.... I love FreeBSD, and you guys are doing a GREAT

job..... keep up the solid work.

TrouBle