Date:      Fri, 09 Oct 1998 08:49:31 +1000 (EST)
From:      Keith Anderson <keith@apcs.com.au>
To:        Michael Doyle <relyod@indigo.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Guy Helmer <ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov>
Subject:   Re: Migrating User information (HELP)

I just did something like this and it worked fine

I mounted the old (2.2.6) on the new (2.2.7)(mount_nfs old:/home /mnt/oldhome

then did a cp -Rp /mnt/home /home

then coppied the master passwd file and group file to the 2.2.7

All worked for me just fine

Keith

E-Mail: Keith Anderson <keith@apcs.com.au>