Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2014 12:22:45 +0200
From:      Chris Van Steenlandt <chris.vansteenlandt@telenet.be>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   WPI (Intel wireless 3945ABG) strange behaviour

Hello everyone,

I'm doing my first FreeBSD install (10.0) on an old laptop with an Intel
3945 interface. During the install I already noticed strange behaviour
since the installer gave me a "DHCP lease failed".  The second time it
passed. FWIW, I installed with root on ZFS and the laptop has 1GB of
internal memory.

When I then rebooted I noticed my wireless did not connect to the SSID
via wpa authentication. My wifi kept on scanning on other ssid's except
the one I wanted.

After reading quite some man pages, I finally have my laptop set up as
follows :
/etc/rc.conf :
ifconfig_wlan0 =" ssid myssid"
ifconfig_wlan0 ="mode 11g"
ifconfig_wlan0 ="-bgscan"
ifconfig_wlan0 = "WPA DHCP"

and my /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf showed :
network={
     ssid="mysid"
     psk="mysecrepassword"
     priority=5
}

When I boot, my wifi connects correct the first time but after a minute
or so, I loose connection again.
What is strange, is that ifconfig still tells me that wlan0 is
associated ot the correct ssid ...

I also regularly get the message : 'dhclient[1005] : send_packet : No
buffer space available" (and "wpi0 : need mulitcast update callback" but
I know this one can't hurt)

Chris