Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2024 00:04:12 -0400
From:      Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com>
To:        Roy Marples <roy@marples.name>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?utf-8?Q?Re=3A_=C2=A0DHCPv6_IA=5FPD_-_how-to?=

> On Jul 23, 2024, at 13:23, Roy Marples <roy@marples.name> wrote:
> ---- On Tue, 23 Jul 2024 18:11:18 +0100 cross+freebsd@distal.com wrote =
----
>=20
>> tl;dr; anyone have a good IPv6 network setup based on an IA_PD from
>> their provider? Any details or advice to share?
>=20
>=20
> I'm upstream for dhcpcd.
> All options related to PD are configurable in the dhcpcd.conf(5) =
configuration file. There are also some examples.

My apologies, I think I may=E2=80=99ve misremembered which attempt =
produced which
result.  More careful investigation suggests it was actually dhclient I
was unable to configure in a config file.  So, I=E2=80=99m not sure I =
ever even
got the PD recognized by dhcpcd.  Perhaps I was not finding the right
examples.

> What are you struggling with specifically?

First, I=E2=80=99d like to request of my ISP the PD and understand the =
answer.
If dhcpcd can also set up internal networks within the PD, that would
be ideal.  Again, I found with earlier work that some clients are able
to do more with =E2=80=9Cusing=E2=80=9D the network than others.  I have =
half a dozen
ish internal networks that I assign /64=E2=80=99s to, and distribute via =
RA.

Perhaps an answer to Karl=E2=80=99s question might provide me with what =
I need
as well.  Otherwise, an example or three of receiving and utilizing an
IA_PD response is what I am looking for.

                      - Chris