Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 10:19:37 +0200
From:      "Bob Kersten" <bob@fellownet.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   msn messenger and freebsd

Hi,

    I've changed my computer setup at home from a single WinXP machine
to a XP machine behind a FreeBSD server using natd to forward my
packages. My firewall type is open and should allow all traffic to go
from my XP machine (10.0.0.2) through my FreeBSD machine (ed1 -
10.0.0.1) to the outer world (ed0 - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). Everything seems
to work just fine except for sending and receiving files in MSN
Messenger, which worked just fine when I had my WinXP machine
connected directly to the internet. All the other features of MSN
Messenger, such as whiteboard, seem to fail. Chatting does work, and
others can see my online status and I can see theirs.

    Are those file transfers blocked by FreeBSD in any way? Is this a
common problem and is there a simple solution to this? Are there other
members of this mailinglist who has encountered the same kind of
problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
 Bob.