Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 20:22:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, tim@mysql.com
Subject:   Re: pthread_kill() not killing thread

Thimble Smith wrote:
> Hi.  I'm running 4.0-STABLE cvsup'd on Tuesday (21 Mar).  It
> looks like pthread_kill() isn't killing the thread; I could be
> doing something wrong, of course.  Here's the output of my test
> program:

  From the POSIX spec (ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996), B.3.3.10, page 444:

  "Note that pthread_kill() only causes the signal to be handled
   in the context of the given thread; the signal action (termination
   or stopping) affects the process as a whole."

OK, that pretty much confirms what you found.  FreeBSD is not
sending the signal to the process when there is no installed
signal handler.

I'll fix this.  Thanks for pointing this out :-)

Dan Eischen