Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 16:47:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        Chuck <crtb@capecod.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows98 extended file names

FreeBSD's DOS filesystem driver _does_ understand FAT32 and long
filenames.  Nothing to worry about.  :)

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Chuck wrote:

:Are long filenames in Windows 98 file systems supported?
:
:So far, I've found from the FAQ that NTFS is supported RO.
:I've had zero problems under 2.2.1 with MSDOSFS.
:
:Does Windows 98 use MSDOSFS in some arcane manner, or, does
:FreeBSD support whatever FS Windows 98 uses?
:
:Hints are greatly appreciated!  Thanks.
:	Chuck Bacon -- crtb@capecod.net
:		ABHOR SECRECY -- DEFEND PRIVACY
:
:
:with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
:
: