Date:      Wed, 30 May 2007 16:38:56 -0400
From:      Rob <r17fbsd@xxiii.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 6.2/i386 X/DRI issues

Alex R wrote:
> This does not seem to be the case for me. As an experiment, I booted from a 7-CURRENT CD and installed it (May snapshot) and it was detected! But not in 6.2/i386. Its detected as AGP, though the machine has no AGP slot in it?!?!?

6.2-what?  You are probably running Release;  you don't have Stable unless you've updated source and re-compiled everything.  Stable is really a few steps ahead of release, with additional features and fixes, believed to be, uhh "stable" but not really recommended for production servers.  Stable it the next Release in the making.

  -RW