Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 11:05:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      Zoltan Sebestyen <sebesty@cs.elte.hu>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Subject:   Re: Problems with passwd utility.

On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Lucas Adri n GĒmez BlandĒn wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone, I'm install FreeBSD 2.1.7.1 (STABLE), it was a piece of
> > cake!, but when a user call "passwd" he receive "Permision denied".
>
> That most likely means you're attempting to change the password for
> someone else than yourself (e.g. since you're "su"ed to another user).
I've got the same problem(and still have). I have to type 'passwd
<myusername>' to get it work. Before that, I used vipw to edit the passwd
file, because I discovered that my account was in a non-existent group.

Sebestyen Zoltan			It all seems so stupid,
					it makes me want to give up.
szoli@digo.inf..elte.hu			But why should I give up,
                                        when it all seems so stupid?

					MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR