Date:      Sun, 20 Nov 2022 22:28:16 +0100
From:      Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald@freebsd.org>, Mario Marietto <marietto2008@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_The_installation_of_=E2=80=9CStable_Diffusion_web_UI?= =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=9D_natively_on_FreeBSD_fails_because_can=E2=80=99t_install_torch_?= =?UTF-8?Q?and_torchvision?=
References:  <CA%2B1FSihJdXHeHL1pUD3SB6vujhG0M1-9wAqeFwjCS8r4syu7mQ@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2B1FSijaF-W8PJo9GtK0S-4BFtSBhD6FjbPu-ZJLBwQ%2Bcymoew@mail.gmail.com> <CAFYkXjn2deM--tyU9Mpi-%2BiM0ALyePhEDGt9LRY0QW8gJ-3Smg@mail.gmail.com> <CAFYkXjmzrLr2x-DKx%2BY88191fOVQ0EL6rtHiSGP4QMV4VRe=sA@mail.gmail.com> <CAFYkXjm1NayM7EMps8GiqdY5a_qCf=oFcXw9GwVOGJ6rvcG=og@mail.gmail.com> <9f14955d-1072-332e-adc7-26f6fbb80b03@FreeBSD.org>

On Sun, Nov 20, 2022 at 8:57 AM Ronald Klop wrote:
> On 11/19/22 17:45, Tomek CEDRO wrote:
> >  From the /usr/ports/math/py-pytorchvideo/Makefile is seems that
> > MAINTAINER= ports[at]FreeBSD.org so someone on this list created the
> > port.
>
> Well, this actually means the port has no maintainer so all mail goes to the mailing list. Often this happens when the creator of the port does not have the possibility to maintain it anymore and no new maintainer is found.

Thank you Ronald :-)

Mario, I have tried quickly build the PyTorch on FreeBSD but it did
not build out of the box.. that means more work is required to run it
here.. considering size of the project a person more familiar and
interested needs to be found that would create and maintain the
PyTorch related ports, sorry, at this point you can try to request a
build for FreeBSD on the upstream (but there may be no interest) and
use other platform to get things working straight away.. you can also
spend some time to make it work on FreeBSD what could be a nice
learning process :-)