Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2000 20:44:53 -0600
From:      Chuck Paterson <cp@bsdi.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with kthread_exit() and SMPng

Matthew,

	I actaully have started down this path, but other work
keeps getting in the way. I'm actually feeling kind of guilty about
not being able to find time to work on this. My basic idea was to
make a soft int thread that could be used to get the stuff out.
Have a spin lock protected the queue at the kvprintf level. Just
going to memory can just happen as it does now. Other requests
would go into a buffer to be printed by the soft interrupt. I think
this can get rid of all the lock ordering problems we are about to
run into.

	Please don't let this note stop you from working on this.
If you have the time go for it. I'll be glad to support anybody
that has the cycles to work on this.

Chuck