Date:      Sun, 12 May 1996 19:04:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, ache@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LESS cleanup?

On Sun, 12 May 1996, Mark Murray wrote:

> Joao Carlos Mendes Luis wrote:
> > #define quoting(Satoshi Asami)
> > //  * +.if defined(COLOUR_LESS) && ${COLOUR_LESS} == YES
> >
> > Does this mean it will make a color version of less, or
> > that it will make color-less version of less ?  :)
>
> It means it will make the colour version of less. It replaces
> the color: target of less, avoiding the necessity of having to
> go ``make color'' if you want colour less.

OK, I played with the color less ... I did an ls |less, and since I'm
using a color version of ls, colors came out.  What surprised me is that
the columns were all messed up.  Do you think less is misinterpreting the
color escape sequences as taking tab positions?

Does anyone know of a reference to what those color sequences are?

> --
> Mark Murray
> 46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
> +27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
> Finger mark@grondar.za for PGP key

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

Three Accounts for the Super-users in the sky,
  Seven for the Operators in their halls of fame,
Nine for Ordinary Users doomed to crie,
  One for the Illegal Cracker with his evil game
In the Domains of Internet where the data lie.
  One Account to rule them all, One Account to watch them,
  One Account to make them all and in the network bind them.