Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2006 20:15:30 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gjournal - Cannot find journal geom

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 08:34:04AM -0500, Eric Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm setting up two large (10TB) GJOURNAL devices.  All seems to go well, =
but after mounting the newly newfs'ed filesystems, I see messages like this:
>=20
> Aug  4 08:23:27 snapshot1 kernel: GEOM_JOURNAL: Cannot find journal geom =
for /dev/label/vol11.
> Aug  4 08:23:37 snapshot1 kernel: GEOM_JOURNAL: Cannot find journal geom =
for /dev/label/vol10.

I assume you use the older version, which used a hack to find out if
file system is on top of gjournal - it was looking at the name of
provider on which file system is mounted on. In your configuration you
are using glabel on top of gjournal that's why it doesn't work.

In the new version it is done right and file system is using BIO_GETATTR
for this, which always work (if the layers in the middle pass
BIO_GETATTR requests). So bascially your problem will be gone with the
new version I planing to publish next week. In the mean time you may
want to mount file systems directly from /dev/<name>.journal providers.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T--