Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:35:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Kulp <dkulp@neomorphic.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ANNOUNCE: FreeBSD mobile compatibility site

Despite the predictions of the death of mobile support on FreeBSD
I went ahead and started a simple site for registering your mobile
setup for FreeBSD.

   http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~dkulp/fbsd/laptop.html

It's pretty low-tech and I don't expect it to take much of my time --
except at the beginning with a lot of entries -- but at the least it
might be a helpful site for starters who are thinking about putting
FreeBSD on their laptops.  Perhaps laptop support gets dropped or rots
from the core and this site becomes an extension of PAO information.
We'll see.

Again, I find the mailing list not very helpful for
searching/reviewing, so maybe I can help here.

If people want to contribute additional pieces (like the ubiquitous
"why isn't PAO merged?"), I'll add them to the site, too.

Feedback is welcome.

cheers,
David Kulp