Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:32:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        Kirill Bezzubets <kirill@solaris.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support D-Link DWL-650+ Cardbus on FreeBSD 4.x ?

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Kirill Bezzubets wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 04:24:37PM -0500, John Utz wrote:
>
> > Cardbus isnt supported in 4.x
> >
> > you need to run -current if you want Cardbus support.
> >

> Does this mean that _ANY_ CardBus card (most of modern PCCards)
> will not work under 4.x?

Yes,

Or it will in some compatibility mode?

No

dont feel to bad asking this, i did the exact same thing. *and* i wasted
us$50.00 on a Cardbus ethernet card before i asked. :-(

It's not truely wasted, because 5.0 will support cardbus.

but i wound up buying a used 3com pcmcia card for us$25 to tide me
over.....

--

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life