Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:56:20 -0400
From:      "Jean-Paul Natola" <jnatola@familycareintl.org>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   swapping hardware

I'm currently running FreeBSD 6.2 on a PIII 550  with 384 of ram and 10 =
gig
drive-

I got my hands a "new" box it's a PIV 1.8 with 1 gig of ram-

I was wondering if it were possible to take the hard drive out from the =
older
machine ( it's a dell dimension) and put it in the new tower- dell =
optiplex

I know with older windows OS's 9x it would work fine just maybe have to
update some drivers, where as with NT 2k XP etc..  it would not.

Will this work in the  BSD world? Or am I asking for more trouble than =
its
worth?

TIA