Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 13:16:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris <chris@hiway1.exit109.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound in 2.2.6 with sound blaster 16

To whom it may concern:

I have a Sound Blaster 16 (PnP) (non Vibra) and i was reading the
documentation in the sound.docs to set the correct options in the kernel
config file, but when i reboot with the new kernel, it says that sb0 0x200
not found.  I am at the end of my rope, and need some expert help i guess
:)  Can any of you please tell me what needs to be set, or look at what i
have in the kernel below, and tell me what is wrong, i do know that my irq
is 5, and my dma is 1 on the board, (according to my sound blaster
manual).

Here is my sound configuration in my kernel:

# Sound PNP support
controller pnp0
controller snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
device mcd0     at isa? irq11

The mcd0 device is an attempt to get my IDE CDROM connected to my sound
card which is also giving me a problem.  So, any help in these matters
would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)

-Chris