Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 09:48:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        mariusz@kam.pl
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsupd exit signal -6

In article <Pine.BSF.4.20.9912081028250.43647-100000@bsd.kam.pl>,
mariusz  <mariusz@kam.pl> wrote:

> from /var/tmp/cvsupd.out

>   id    Thread.T     closure root                A* waiting for
> >  2   0x80d714c   0x80ce554 DispatcherRun       A  *ready*
>    1   0x80cd004         0x0 *main program*      A  I/O
> *** Thread #2's stack overflowed its limits.
> *** Use Thread.IncDefaultStackSize to get bigger stacks.
>

> ***
> *** runtime error:
> ***    corrupt thread stack
> ***    file "ThreadPosix.m3", line 1230
> ***

>   id    Thread.T     closure root                A* waiting for
> >  1   0x80cd004         0x0 *main program*      A  I/O
>    2   0x80d714c   0x80ce554 DispatcherRun       A  *ready*
> *** Thread #2's stack overflowed its limits.
> *** Use Thread.IncDefaultStackSize to get bigger stacks.
>

> ***
> *** runtime error:
> ***    corrupt thread stack
> ***    file "ThreadPosix.m3", line 1230
> ***

Very interesting!  I'd love to see a usable core dump from that.
Could you please grab the unstripped ELF cvsupd binary from
http://www.freebsd.org/~jdp/ and run with it for awhile?  To install
it:

    Uncompress the file (if your web browser hasn't already done that)
    killall cvsupd
    Copy the file into /usr/local/sbin/cvsupd
    cp /dev/null /var/tmp/cvsupd.out
    run "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/cvsupd.sh" to start the new server

If it fails again the core dump can be found in "/usr/local/etc/cvsup".

Thanks,
John
  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron