Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 23:10:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
To:        tom.oneil@tacni.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EMERGENCY  - Arp attack? Am I being DOS'd ?

You're probably getting scanned by all the various Microsoft worms out
for vulnerabilities in your systems.  If you have lots of unused IP space,
bound to ethernets, this leads to massive quantities of ARP.

Another triumph for OSPF, /30 link nets, and severely size-limited switch
networks.  I haven't noticed any problems here  :-)