Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 00:23:24 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Rohan Shivkumar <rohans@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anybody have user level TCP?

In message <199701200244.VAA02907@espresso.eng.umd.edu> Rohan Shivkumar writes:
: I was wondering if people on this list knew of a User level Implementations
: of TCP for FreeBSD/NetBSD/BSDI/Linux. If so, I would appreciate any pointers
: you could send me.

I know of two that run on those systems.  The first is commertial
called TIA.  The second is freeware called SLuRP (or is that SLiRP).
They both are fairly good, with a slight nod going toward SLiRP for
being true BSD 4.4 Lite-2 kernel TCP/IP in userland.  Both also offer
NAT support because you had to do that in the SLIP/PPP emulation game
because some protocols (ftp, talk, irc, etc) are not firewall
friendly.

Warner