Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:35:00 -0600
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        "erik witkop" <ewitkop90@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A little IP help

What command can I do to see what IP address I currently
have? I would like to do an "ipconfig" type command, like in WINDOWS.

Try ifconfig xl0

You also may want to take a look at the ifconfig and netstat man pages.

Joe

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          "erik witkop"|
|        |          <ewitkop90@ho|
|        |          tmail.com>   |
|        |                       |
|        |          07/28/00     |
|        |          08:22 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG               |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Joe Warner/SMS)                     |
  |       Subject:     A little IP help                     |

I am having a conflict with my static ip address and my dhcp given address.
I know I shouldn't use both but that is how it is setup right now. when I
do
a "dhclient" it says there is a conflict but I can ping other subnets(I
don't know how). What command can I do to see what IP address I currently
have? I would like to do an "ipconfig" type command, like in WINDOWS.