Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:20:18 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Andreas Klemm <akl@klemm.apsfilter.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Akinori MUSHA <knu@iDaemons.org>
Subject:   Re: what are all these error messages when running portsdb -Uu ???

--wzJLGUyc3ArbnUjN

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 10:48:58AM +0200, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> Hi !
>=20
> Is this normal behaviour ???
> Especially lines like these:
> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnomeng.mk", line 1: Malformed conditional (${_USE_GNO=
ME_ALL:Mgtk12}=3D=3D""): malformed entry: "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnomeng.mk", l=
ine 1: Malformed conditional (${_USE_GNOME_ALL:Mgtk12}=3D=3D"")
>=20
> Why is portsdb -Uu reporting a malformed conditional ?
> Are the sanity checks in portsdb not so `up to date' ??

I've never seen this or heard it reported by others, so I assume
something is out of date/out of sync on your system.

> Only a little bit confused.
>=20
> Another thing ... whenever I use the ports/package tools I encounter
> a strange behaviour when updating the ports tree with cvs ...
> It doesn't tell me an "U" update of the INDEX file, it tells me
> cvs has to "M" merge ....
>=20
> Might it be the case, that "portsdb -Uu" or "pkgdb -F" modify the
> INDEX file in a way, that cvs has to merge the file ??

Well, this is expected.  portsdb -Uu regenerates the INDEX, so it is
'M'odified from the version in CVS.  This will probably cause
conflicts when you cvs update a new INDEX file from the repository,
but if you're building your own copy, what do you care?

Kris

--wzJLGUyc3ArbnUjN

--wzJLGUyc3ArbnUjN--