Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 18:40:33 -0400
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
To:        Guy Helmer <ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libpthread.so file needed for vtk

Apparently so...the vtk people say I need it...but I did try the -pthread
option as well as linking /usr/lib/libc_r.so to /usr/lib/libpthread.so
with no luck... I guess this one occation where "Linux Compat" isn't good
enough...

the error I'm getting is:

/usr/home/mikegoe/vtk/vtkJava/vtk/lib/libvtkJava.so: Undefined symbol "pthread_attr_init"

Michael G.