Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 23:41:52 -0500
From:      "Schroeder, Aaron" <ajschroeder@BUTLER.TMSComputers.com>
To:        "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DigitalServer 5305 install revisited...

Hello all,

I have just powered on a DigitalServer 5305 and I am trying to install
4.5-RELEASE onto it. Up on booting the CD, I get this error message:

fatal kernel trap:
trap entry = 0x2 (memory management fault)
a0 = 0x0 a1 = 0x1
a2 = 0xffffffffffffffff
pc = 0x0
ra = 0xfffffc00004b16cc
curproc = 0
panic: trap
Uptime: 0s

Now, before everyone gets excited, I was searching the mailing lists, google
groups, etc. for this problem. I noticed that Mr. Gallatin created a patch
for this problem, but the particular thread I was reading was from May of
2000, it was also talking about 4.3 being the latest release as well. This
is just an FYI more or less that the fix to let BSD install on this machine
may be broken. Far be it from me to point fingers, I could very well be
doing something very wrong here.

This CD is a freshly downloaded and burned copy of 4.5 RELEASE. I am now
downloading the 5.0 Preview ISO and I am going to attempt to install it, for
kicks and grins if anything. I will let everyone know if it works or not.

Thanks,

AJ Schroeder