Date:      24 Jul 2003 00:25:21 +0300
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvsweb error in conf - help requested

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 00:04, jml@bubel.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to get cvsweb running on FreeBSD and getting this error:
>
> Error: $cvstreedefault points to a repository (local) not defined in
> %CVSROOT (edit your configuration file /etc/cvsweb.conf)
>
> And I am certain my conf file is correct (attached below), I have used
> cvsweb on Debian linux and never had this issue.  I can't find anything
> that should be preventing this from working, any help would be greatly
> appreciated.  The path to the cvsroot is correct as listed, I am
> completely confounded, as this has never been an issue, after two days of
> banging my head I am groveling for help. ;)

I don't see anything obviously wrong with you setup.  The only logical
explanation I can come up offhand with is that /home/developer/cvsroot
might not be a directory (is it a symlink?).

What does the following command print when run it as the user that runs
cvsweb.cgi (ie. your web server):

   perl -e 'print -d "/home/developer/cvsroot" ? "yep" : "no", "\n"'

--
\/