Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:21:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
To:        Mike Knoll <knollm@lafcol.lafayette.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS

> Is kill -HUP'ing the mountd process enough to get the NFS servers to
> reread /etc/exports?

yes

> My exports are:
>
> /usr/src        -maproot=root   secondmachine
> /usr/home/auser   -maproot=root     secondmachine
>
> I can mount -t nfs firstmachine:/usr/src, but not /usr/home/auser.

You have to list them like this:

/usr/src /usr/home/auser   -maproot=root     secondmachine

ONLY IF they are on the same filesystem.  If you chose the default when
installing FreeBSD they are.  (only one FS per line, RTF(crapppy manpage)M

Patrick Seal                        |"Microsoft isn't evil, they just make
<patseal@hyperhost.net>             |   really crappy operating systems."
Hyperhost - http://www.hyperhost.net| -Linus Torvalds
hosting and Design

http://www.freebsd.org - http://www.linux.org