Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 2012 03:34:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] Xorg Upgrade 7.5.2

Hi.

FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #0 r231054M amd64, GM45 (Lenovo T400),
gcc46 for ports, clang for world, stripped kernel.

Update went smooth, after rebuilding x-related ports, unfortunately
couldn't load drm module, complained about needed iicbus (sic!),
after adding i2c module, couldn't load drm also, albeit with different
message.

link_elf_obj: symbol drm_gem_init undefined
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
KLD i915.ko: depends on drm - not available or version mismatch
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
(EE) intel(0): [drm] Failed to open DRM device for pci:0000:00:02.0: Exec
format
 error
(EE) intel(0): Failed to become DRM master.
DRM_IOCTL_I915_GEM_APERTURE failed: Bad file descriptor
Assuming 131072kB available aperture size.
May lead to reduced performance or incorrect rendering.
get chip id failed: -1 [9]
param: 4, val: 0
(EE) intel(0): failed to get resources: Bad file descriptor
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Currently downgraded to old x-ports, this error message persisted,
but X started anyway and I get about half fps in glxgears still (~490),
kldstat shows that there isn't drm.ko nor i915.ko loaded.

best regards,
- Jakub Lach