Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2006 22:01:36 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Nenhum _de_Nos <matheusber@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: pcib: uncorrectable error

Nenhum _de_Nos wrote this message on Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 23:11 -0300:
> i have two sunblades 150 one runs FreeBSD 6.0-p9, the other Solaris 8.
> this freebsd is a nfs server that when in huge nfs activity (such as
> untar a 100MB file) panics as follow:
>
> IOMMU fault virtual address 0xc19c2000
> panic: pcib: uncorrectable error AFAIR 0xcec54708 AFSR 0x4100ff002080000
>
> this machine was running 6.1-STABLE, 6.1-RELEASE and all had the same
> error. i've changed the hds and run FreeBSD in the other sunblade, but
> the very same thing happened.
>
> i've tested memory, as for changing among them both and nothing also
> (i have no other pc133 machine).
>
> solaris runs fine, but i really want FreeBSD on them :)
>
> the hardware is the factory default, just the server has a seagate
> 300GB IDE hd and one unused Realtek Gigabit Card.
>
> if anyone can help :)

Hmmm.. could you try turning off dma on ide?
hw.ata.ata_dma=0

It'd be useful to find out which device was doing dma that caused the
fault, because it's likely overrunning the mapping provided...  With
enough munging around in iommu_decode_fault, you could work your way
back to the map/tag that caused the fault, and then figure out which
device owned the tag...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579