Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:01:02 -0400
From:      George Uhl <uhl@rattler.gsfc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: RAT problems with aureal vortex1 soundcard

received a response.  Thought I'd try here.

>Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:45:40 -0400
>To: rat-trap@cs.ucl.ac.uk
>From: George Uhl <uhl@rattler.gsfc.nasa.gov>
>
>I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, please reply directly to
>me. Thanks!
>
>RAT version: 4.2.15
>Host: Dell Precision 210
>OS: FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE
>Soundcard: Turtle Beach Montego A3D, Vortex1 chipset
>Driver: A. Matey's Aureal Vortex soundcard driver:
>http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~matey/au88x0/
>
>Output of cat /dev/sndstat:
>FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Apr 20 2001 13:54:05
>Installed devices:
>pcm0: <Aureal Vortex 8820> at memory 0xfe100000 irq 19 (4p/1r channels duplex)
>
>Description of Problem:
>A. Matey's Aureal Vortex driver works well with CD, mpeg, real player,
>etc. With RAT I see the signal displayed on the audio meter but there
>is no sound. The Audio Category of the configuration options menu
>shows the audio device as Aureal Vortex 8820, Sampling rate: 8-kHz
>and Mono Channel. I've cycled through the various audio sources
>in RAT as well (OGain, Spkr, Pcm, Trebl, Bass, Vol). Nothing works.
>
>Regards,
>George Uhl
>NASA GSFC

received a response.&nbsp; Thought I'd try here.<br>
To: rat-trap@cs.ucl.ac.uk<br>
From: George Uhl &lt;uhl@rattler.gsfc.nasa.gov&gt;<br>
I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, please reply directly to <br>
me. Thanks!<br>
RAT version: 4.2.15 <br>
Host: Dell Precision 210 <br>
OS: FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE <br>
Soundcard: Turtle Beach Montego A3D, Vortex1 chipset <br>
Driver: A. Matey's Aureal Vortex soundcard driver: <br>
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Apr 20 2001 13:54:05 <br>
Installed devices: <br>
pcm0: &lt;Aureal Vortex 8820&gt; at memory 0xfe100000 irq 19 (4p/1r
channels duplex)<br>
Description of Problem:<br>
A. Matey's Aureal Vortex driver works well with CD, mpeg, real player,
etc. With RAT I see the signal displayed on the audio meter but there
is no sound. The Audio Category of the configuration options menu <br>
shows the audio device as Aureal Vortex 8820, Sampling rate: 8-kHz <br>
and Mono Channel. I've cycled through the various audio sources <br>
in RAT as well (OGain, Spkr, Pcm, Trebl, Bass, Vol). Nothing works.<br>
Regards, <br>
George Uhl<br>
NASA GSFC </blockquote></html>