Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 19:50:25 -0600
From:      "Aaron Sonntag" <aaron@sonntag.org>
To:        <chad@DCFinc.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        <bbursey@mechv.me.tuns.ca>, <ruben@luna.net>, <wwoods@cybcon.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: StarOffice 5 on a SMP system..... or Applixware...

I have just got to say it... the implementation of star office as a standard
freebsd port is very very important...
In the last two weeks alone three companies have asked me about running bsd
as a desktop system... and this decision was going to be based up on whether
start office could be easily implemented...
The workstation market can not be ignored...
Aaron Sonntag
Nobell Network Manager
As I recall, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > I guess another alternative is to go buy the Applixware CD from
> > freebsdmall.com.  That's what I plan to do.  As long as I know it won't
> > suffer from the same SMP-related issues as StarOffice.  I don't know who
> > could confirm it'll be fine, but I'd like to hear from someone.
>
> Applixware works just fine under SMP.  That's how I did all of the
> testing, in fact.
>
> - Jordan

Are there any solid plans for a native FreeBSD port of StarOffice
whenever Sun gets around to releasing the sources?

        -crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net