Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:03:58 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FTPing through dual firewalls???

	Is there a simple way to FTP to a site that's behind a firewall when you
are as well?  I'm using both a bsd box and a windows box and both have the
same issues with one site I'm trying to go to.  The site is behind a
passive firewall, I'm behind a proxy/router with nat and an aggressive
firewall (I hit the firewall first, then hit the proxy/firewall, then I can
hit the net.)  I'm trying to figure out how best to simplify this.  I can't
change any configs on either firewall or the proxy, so I'm looking to
figure out how to better get access to this site.  I can always get in, but
file transfers tend to be a bit sticky and the site can "hang" with file
transfers over 15 megs.  I usually need the files off the other site for
some of the stuff I'm working on here, and I sometimes have to send things
like log files or other large files back to him as well.  Sends are not the
issue.  It's the darned downloads.  Would using Pftp make things
easier?  Thanks for the help.

	Normal users who upload/download from the site don't have this issue, but
then again, they're not behind the configuration I am.  The ftp site is
technically a "Roaming fileserver" for those who are out on the road or
traveling.  I use it rather than going through the headache of setting up a
VPN since all the files transferred are non-sensitive files.  Well, save
for the occasional logs maybe.