Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 19:02:26 -0700
From:      Danny Howard <dannyman@tellme.com>
To:        scrappy@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   p5-Net-LDAP -> p5-perl-ldap -> /dev/null ??!

So, I went to install the Mozilla "PerlDAP" module, which I used to
install from p5-perl-ldap, and find it installs for me Net::LDAP
instead.

Okay ...

And the aptly-named p5-Net-LDAP module that used to install Net::LDAP
for me no longer exists.  It has been moved to p5-perl-ldap?!

No.  This makes no sense.

Please make things seem more sane.  I would suggest:

Net::LDAP -> p5-Net-LDAP (move the wrongly named p5-perl-ldap to
                          p5-Net-LDAP and you should do fine.)

Mozilla::LDAP -> p5-Mozilla-LDAP or p5-perldap (Perldap used to be in
						ports at p5-perl-ldap,
						and can be found at
                       http://www.mozilla.org/directory/perldap.html .)

If you need a maintainer for LDAP stuff I am happy to volunteer.  Just
let me know.

Thanks,
-danny