Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:45:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>, wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: btokup() macro in sys/malloc.h

:Matt,
:
:By now we do know a GREAT deal about you from the way you behave.
:
:Trying to judge your age from that data, 16 years can certainly not
:be ruled out conclusively.
:
:I will make no secret of the fact that I was not at all happy with
:you becoming a committer, and your behaviour the last couple of
:days is exactly what I feared and expected would happen.
:
:Please go out and get yourself some fresh air & some perspective.
:
:This is FreeBSD, not MattBSD.
:
:Poul-Henning

    Behavior?  Oh, you mean spending 8 hours getting -Wall to work?

    Or do you mean the new swapper?  Or the huge amount of work we did
    to solve the dirty cache vm_page_t problem?

    Perhaps it was the discussion about DOS attacks against the system
    and why load-average-based algorithms don't work well.

    Lets see, what else is in my archive.  Gee, looks like helpful posts
    for the most part!

    Could it be cpdup that you don't like?

    Maybe the scheduler discussions grated on your nerves?

    The diskless mods?  I don't recall doing anything against people's
    wishes there.  The sysctl mods were backed out relatively quickly...
    or did you bother to note that?

    Do you think I just commit things and then sit on them like a stone
    statue?  If you look, carefully, you will find that I'm usually the
    first to admit when I've made a mistake and I fix things very quickly.

    As far as I know, there is nothing currently committed that anyone has
    a problem with except, perhaps /etc/rc.conf.local ... but I stood
    by that and it seems to have grown on people considering the recent
    discussions to expand the stacked configuration mechanisms.

					--

    Since you seem to see it fit to accuse me of something in public,
    back it up on this forum.  I have a complete archive, we can swap

    I'll be plain:  I'm a nice guy, and if you treat me fairly I'll treat
    you fairly.  But I don't let people talk shit about me or shit to me
    if I think I'm in the right.  I don't like vague accusations, either.
    If someone accuses me of something on a public forum, I answer on that
    forum, plain and simple.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>

:--
:Poul-Henning Kamp             FreeBSD coreteam member
:phk@FreeBSD.ORG               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
:FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!
: