Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 1998 20:30:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        Storm_Front_66@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: microsoft serial mouse in free bsd

> hello,
> I just instaled FreeBSD 4.4 on my 233 at school. I have had one problem.
                          ^^^

No you didn't!  The latest FreeBSD release is 2.2.6, or maybe 3.0-current.
I think you means 4.4BSD.

> We mounted the cdrom no prob, However we cannot seem to get my Microsoft
> serial mouse to work in xwindows no matter what address we set it to .
> We tried all that were listed. The mouse is set up on com port 1.
> Can you help??? is there some small thing we are missing?????
> Please reply via email. or post to the newsletter. thank you

What device are you using?  You should use /dev/cuaa1.  Does your kernel
suport sio1?  How about the output of "cat /var/log/dmesg"?  Dies it
detect sio1?

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Micro$oft Sucks!  FreeBSD Rules!  http://www.freebsd.org/

Finger dima@zwb.net for more information.