Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 18:51:20 -0500
From:      "Bob" <bjg@otherspace.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.8 packages

Is there a buggie in the 2.2.8 distribution's canned software packages?

If I start /stand/sysinstall, and go to "configure installed system/add
packaged software" section, and source is ftp.freebsd.org, the menu of
available apps seems to be "not right". Most entries are "no description
provided", some apps are listed twice, right on top of each other, (the
library for pidentd is one example) , the xview3.2.1 stuff wouldn't
install, it couldn't find files to satisfy dependancies...  I've used the
past few releases of FreeBSD, and that just looks whacked to me. :)

- Bob

                 Governments, like diapers, should be changed
                 often, and for the same reason.

                bjg@otherspace.net | http://www.otherspace.net