Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:18:58 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: Update port VMware 1.1 for Linux, Networking Support

> Just a proposition. Copy basic installation to a hard drive and prepare
> dos bootable diskette, and install Windows 98 from raw partition. I think
> that after installation protected mode drivers will work fine.

I'm not sure I understand.

I did try to create a recovery floppy on real Windows 98 machine, but it
doesn't boot either.  Does Windows have a problem with my K6-III CPU I
wonder?

Should I create a raw partition on the disk, put the contents of a
windows 98 distribution CD on it, and try to install from there?

louie