Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 17:34:30 -0300
From:      "Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira" <lioux@uol.com.br>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with new port smpeg plugin for xmms

Hi,

	It is me again. Please, could somebody help me with
this one.
	I am almost nailing it. This is the newly released
MPEG plugin released for xmms.
	However, I am having some problems.  For use with xmms, I
need shared versions of the plugin objects, namely libsmpeg_xmms.so.
However, I am unable to achieve that due to unavailability of some
x11/XFree86-4 (XFree86 4.0.1) shared objects. Here goes the complain
from the xmms-smpeg port

---
*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lXxf86vm.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lXxf86dga.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lXv.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lsmpegg.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libsmpeg_xmms.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.
---

	Unfortunaly, the dlopen api is not familiar to me, not to
mention that I do not know anything about libtool (which is used
by both xmms and xmms-smpeg).
	I am guessing 2 possible solutions:

	1) "fix" the XFree86-4 port;
	2) have xmms dlopen .a objects.

	I mean, the XFree86-4 port could build shared versions of
the aforementioned libraries. Or, we could verify if both xmms and
xmms-smpeg could cooperate: xmms be told to dlopen .a libs; and
xmms-smpeg be told to build dlopen(able) .a libs.
	Can someone take a look at this please? I am a bit out of
my league here (at least, for a while :).
	I did build the latest version of all involved parties from
this morning cvsup (XFree86-4 ...).
	I provide a xmms-smpeg shar sample at the end of the port.

	Regards,
		Mario Ferreira

--

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	xmms-smpeg
#	xmms-smpeg/files
#	xmms-smpeg/files/md5
#	xmms-smpeg/pkg
#	xmms-smpeg/pkg/COMMENT
#	xmms-smpeg/pkg/DESCR
#	xmms-smpeg/pkg/PLIST
#	xmms-smpeg/Makefile
#
echo c - xmms-smpeg
mkdir -p xmms-smpeg > /dev/null 2>&1
echo c - xmms-smpeg/files
mkdir -p xmms-smpeg/files > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - xmms-smpeg/files/md5
sed 's/^X//' >xmms-smpeg/files/md5 << 'END-of-xmms-smpeg/files/md5'
XMD5 (smpeg-xmms-0.2.5.tar.gz) = 8783f4e30bbcd14849c932eca6179fc9
END-of-xmms-smpeg/files/md5
echo c - xmms-smpeg/pkg
mkdir -p xmms-smpeg/pkg > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - xmms-smpeg/pkg/COMMENT
sed 's/^X//' >xmms-smpeg/pkg/COMMENT << 'END-of-xmms-smpeg/pkg/COMMENT'
XMPEG plugin for XMMS using SDL/smpeg as backend
END-of-xmms-smpeg/pkg/COMMENT
echo x - xmms-smpeg/pkg/DESCR
sed 's/^X//' >xmms-smpeg/pkg/DESCR << 'END-of-xmms-smpeg/pkg/DESCR'
XA mpeg plugin for XMMS using SDL/smpeg as backend.  Supports hardware
Xacceleration in Xfree 4.x if available, fullscreen, resizeable
Xwindow etc.
XWWW: http://www.opensound.com/
END-of-xmms-smpeg/pkg/DESCR
echo x - xmms-smpeg/pkg/PLIST
sed 's/^X//' >xmms-smpeg/pkg/PLIST << 'END-of-xmms-smpeg/pkg/PLIST'
Xlib/xmms/Input/libsmpeg_xmms.la
Xlib/xmms/Input/libsmpeg_xmms.a
END-of-xmms-smpeg/pkg/PLIST
echo x - xmms-smpeg/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >xmms-smpeg/Makefile << 'END-of-xmms-smpeg/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	xmms-smpeg
X# Date created:         20 Aug 2000
X# Whom:			Mario S F Ferreira <lioux@linf.unb.br> et al.
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	xmms-smpeg
XPORTVERSION=	0.2.5
XCATEGORIES=	graphics
XMASTER_SITES=	ftp://ftp.xmms.org/xmms/smpeg-xmms/
XDISTNAME=	smpeg-xmms-${PORTVERSION}
XMAINTAINER=	lioux@linf.unb.br
XLIB_DEPENDS=	aa.1:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/aalib \
X		esd.2:${PORTSDIR}/audio/esound \
X		glib12.3:${PORTSDIR}/devel/glib12 \
X		gtk12.2:${PORTSDIR}/x11-toolkits/gtk12 \
X		SDL-1.1.2:${PORTSDIR}/devel/sdl-devel \
X		xmms.1:${PORTSDIR}/audio/xmms
XGLIB_CONFIG?=	${LOCALBASE}/bin/glib12-config
XGTK_CONFIG?=	${X11BASE}/bin/gtk12-config
XSDL_CONFIG?=	${LOCALBASE}/bin/sdl11-config
XUSE_X_PREFIX=	yes
XUSE_GMAKE=      yes
XGNU_CONFIGURE=	yes
XCONFIGURE_ENV=  GLIB_CONFIG="${GLIB_CONFIG}" \
X		GTK_CONFIG="${GTK_CONFIG}" \
X		SDL_CONFIG="${SDL_CONFIG}"
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-xmms-smpeg/Makefile