Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:18:18 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Thierry Thomas" <thierry@freebsd.org>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/103529: www/seamonkey: enable SVG and Pango font rendering support.

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:00:16 -0500, Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>=
  =

 =

 =

> get slow,
>  > so I think it should be add it as optional with disable by default.=

>  >
>  > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D103529
>
> It would be better to build with pango support by default, and add a
>  pkg-message to explain how to run without it when it's not needed.

I am not sure, because the 'default' is very important. Why should we ma=
ke  =

it more difficult for the users when their browser is very slow by  =

default? 95% of people rather to have their browser to be faster. Add an=
  =

option of enable pango support with warning of slowness is better.

Cheers,
Mezz

> See <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2007/03/19/0008.html>.
>
> Regards,
>  --
>  Th. Thomas.

-- =

mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/  -  gnome@FreeBSD.org
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia@FreeBSD.org