Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 1997 23:48:32 +0000
From:      Jim Chapman <jim.chapman@sympatico.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dump

I have installed version 2.1.6 from the CD without any problems. I sign
on as root and enter the command
dump 0uf /dev/fd0 /usr

It writes 5 floppy discs. I then enter the command
restore vif /dev/fd0

It shows me the directories in the /usr filesystem but src is not a
directory. I have checked the man pages, the handbook and the O'Reilly
book.

I would expect that I could descend into src and restore a file from
/usr/src/lib...etc. Am I doing something wrong, is something wrong with
the system or is this how dump is supposed to work?

	Jim Chapman