Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 1995 21:44:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Alex R.N. Wetmore" <aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: eh?

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-hackers: 19-Mar-95 eh? by
Jordan K. Hubbard@violet
> >I've just tried to boot a ThinkPad 700C with a kcopy ah bootdisk.. it'll
> >'boot' til it tries to mount the root filesystem on fd0c
> >"changing root device to fd0c" .. it just rattles on the disk forever.
>
> The ThinkPad uses some memory in the upper part first megabyte that
> 'normal' PC BIOSes do not.

I'm tying on a 750 as we speak.  don't know how close it is to the 700
though.

in netbsd you have to use 4k less memory then the probed amound (ie,
biosbasemem -= 4 in arch/i386/i386/machdep.c).

now to get the pcmcia slots working :)

alex