Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2022 20:56:39 -0700
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't mount USB disk

On 1/12/22 1:34 PM, Dale Scott wrote:
> [...]

Thanks, that did the trick.

> 3. Mount drive (read-only here, uncertain if writing to NTFS is as confident as on Linux)

I would like to clean up some stuff on that drive but given your note
I guess I guess I will do that from a linux system.
When plugged into a win7 system the device doesn't show up as a labelled
(i.e. bigletter:\) drive, so I can't easily delete things on the win7
system; not sure why that is.  windows-backup seems to identify it ok and
chooses it for backup.  All pretty scary.  It's as if once set up as
a windows-backup device, it's forever a windows-backup device and can't be
used for anything else, despite the fact that it has some "normal" directory
hierarchies on it.

Anyway, thanks.

Gary