Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:04:37 +0100
From:      Gregor Bittel <Gregor.Bittel@GMX.de>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP-Boards for Opteron and other processors (was: Re: gdb support?)

Hi,

On Freitag, 13. Februar 2004 20:42 Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Hendrik Scholz wrote:
> > I've just installed two Dual Opteron machines (works nice :)) but
> > ran into a third party program related bug that I'd like to
> > solve.
>
> So tell us what they are, since there are people asking for tips on
> good dual machines for FBSD.

At this point I will make some "propaganda" for my project, which I
started some years ago - a list[1] of SMP-Boards running with FreeBSD
(in real SMP-mode with two or more physical processors - sorted by
the used CPU-Socket/Slot).
There is only one Opteron-Board on it, but I hope I will have someday
every running type of SMP-Board on it.

I'm only a normal FreeBSD-User and reading this mailinglist since a
few weeks "in background" - but I can't do any tests of amd64-systems,
because I haven't such a system at home.
Everyone is invited to add his good running (SMP)-Board to this list -
I know there are people outside in the world who are searching for
this ones.

The "rules":
I'm adding only boards with real SMP-Mode (with 2 or more physical
processors installed) who can be identified with a specific name or
number (example: the "Tyan Thunder K8S Pro S2882G3NR" and
the "Tyan Thunder K8S Pro S2882UG3NR" are different boards and
will be listed as different, each with an own entry).
If it is possible, I will get a dmesg, mptable and "pciconf
-lv"-output to add these outputs (it should be possible to build the
same system IMHO).

-Gregor.

--
Gregor.Bittel@GMX.de