Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 02:11:03 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@informatik.uni-halle.de>
To:        Bart Lateur <bart.lateur@skynet.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: connection problem: FreeBSD Computer does not respond

Hi!

> > The only problem is after boot (it starts not to answering before I've
> > send a packet out)
>
> Just a quick question: do you use a hub? If so, is the LED from the
> connection of your computer on, just after reboot? Does it turn on as
> soon as you send a packet?

No, it's connected to a switch (HP ProCurve)
Yes, the LED is on for having a link.
Yes, the LED for having a link on the backside of the NIC is on.
Yes, the LED is blinking when sending packet to this machine.
Yes, the LED for net traffic on the backside of the NIC is blinking.

Please read the other messages, because there is included a
detailed hardware description.
You may search for connection problem, it seems that I'm the only one
with this problem for the last 3 days :-)

> If this is the case, check that the LINK(0|1|2) option for your NIX is
> set correctly. It happened to me. This selects the connector of the

??? what is it for an option.
How do you think 'bout stopping answering echo request after 3 hours.
And why does it work correctly for now 24 hours because I'm pinging
the machine beside it?

--
Jens Rehsack --- <rehsack@informatik.uni-halle.de>
                 http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~rehsack/