Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 00:15:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   How to tell if a system has DES installed

	I am wondering how to tell if a given FreeBSD has DES installed or
	not.

	Here is the situation. U have a FreeBSD box that I *think* I
	specified DES libs on. But now I am trying to get NIS to work with
	it. I can ypcat the passwd file from another machine OK. But if I
	change my login to +stan, instead o stan. I can't get longed in. It seems
	to me that one possibility is differing encryptions.

	What else should I check?

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955