Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:40:20 +0000
From:      Baldur Gislason <baldur@foo.is>
To:        Maxlor <mail@maxlor.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: preventing tampering with tripwire

use kern.securelevel 1 or higher and man chflags, set the tripwire binary
schg so it cannot be tampered with. Of course there's no such thing as
absolute security, but this moves you just a step closer. Unless the intruder
performs a reboot and makes his changes before the kernel securelevel is
raised on boot.

Baldur