Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:40:31 -0300
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John De Boskey <jwd@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: protect 'make search' key from options processing

	The best way to do this is:

	1) Post a PR about the glitch
	2) Assign it to maintainer of bsd.port.mk: portmgr

	This is a known problem but it has not been
addressed yet.

>    I'd be happy to commit this, but I don't poke around in
> the usr ports infrastructure enough to know if this might
> break some assumed parsing in another script somewhere.

	No one should ever commit to bsd.port.mk without
EXPLICIT permission from portmgr. The portmgr group usually test
trial changes in bento 1st to make sure nothing major is broken.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer