Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 18:19:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      mgraffam@mhv.net
To:        Christopher JS Vance <vance@usq.edu.au>
Cc:        mgraffam@mhv.net, Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fingerd limiting?

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Christopher JS Vance wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.980226175125.9205A-100000@localhost>,
> mgraffam@mhv.ne
> t wrote:
> | >
> | > finger  stream  tcp     nowait  nobody /bin/cat /etc/finger.msg
>
> finger stream tcp nowait nobody /bin/cat cat /etc/finger.msg
>
> | I'm stumped :) I have no idea why cat would ignore the argument that
> | is being passed.
>
> What argument?  You need to set argv[0] and argv[1].

Good call. I read right over that.

Michael J. Graffam (mgraffam@mhv.net)
http://www.mhv.net/~mgraffam -- Philosophy, Religion, Computers, Crypto, etc
"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity.
Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the
guidance of another. . .Sapere aude! Have the courage to use your own
understanding!" - Immanuel Kant "What is Enlightenment?"