Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:48:10 -0500
From:      Joe Auty <joe@netmusician.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   more questions about disk cloning

Hi,

Thanks to all help I've received thus far, I seem to be getting
closer to my goal of backing up a small hard disk to a large one.
Remember that the "dump" command is causing core dumps on the source
volume.

The two paths I'm working within are:

1) Using g4u to clone disk (this has worked fine), using growfs to
grow partitions

2) Trying dump/restore from a Freesbie CD.

Problems:

Approach 1: To use growfs apparently you have to edit the disk labels
first. I'm doing this through /stand/sysinstall, but I'm not seeing
all of my available space - just the available space with what was in
the smaller drive. How do I work around this?

Approach 2: Doing a dump from /mnt/ufs.x to /mnt/ufs.y from the
Freesbie CD produces the error "unsupported file system". How do i
work around this error?