Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 03:39:47 +0100
From:      Christian Nilsson <trekkie@klabba.campus.luth.se>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pccard driver allocation fail

Hi!

I wonder what I have not done or done wrong when I get the error-message
"driver allocation failed for CNet(CN40BC Ethernet): Device not configured"
when trying to initialize my ethernet-card. Yes, the IRQ's are free, I've
checked that.

As you might guess I have a CNet 10mbit-pcmcia and try to run it in my
laptop, a Compaq 7730. I've tried to compile a new kernel etc, but no go.
I've searched the list archives and it seems to be a question pretty often
asked, but never answered to! I have also tried to find some info on the
PAO site, but no luck there either. Anyone? Please?! If you tell me to read
a FAQ or other manual, please point me to which and where, since I've
searched in vain so far!

/Christian Nilsson